Monday, January 28, 2008

Won Big Saturday

Big win. I won $233 Sat., in 2 ½ hours. That’s pretty good. It was a soft table, but I was also playing very well. Playing very tight pre-flop. I was raising early with hands like A10 and AJ suited. Won them all. Hit a few sets which was key. I think the only showdown I lost was to a higher flush, when I made a straight on the turn, and it went runner-runner flush. The set hand was great, as I called 2 bets in MP with 77. The flop came down A-7-X. The preflop raiser bet, and I raised. I had a pretty good table image at this point. I think everyone else folded, and he called. The turn was another A and now I know he has a hand he can't get rid of. I put him on something like AQ. He bet into me with the big bet, and I raised again. He called, but what was surpring is that he bet into me again at the river; I again raised, and he turned over AJ.

As I said, I’ll be keeping very tight records for 2008. My current win rate is 15.53 BB/hr, where BB stands for the big bet. This is very deceiving for only 2.5 hours of play, but the goal will be to calculate a cumulative win rate over time to gauge my overall win rate. I'll to estimate how many hands are dealt in an hour to get a sense of how many hands I play over time.

No comments: